The National Waste Programme, in consultation with stakeholders, has been developing a framework of training modules to support the growth of LLW management skills and knowledge. A list of the eLearning, learning workbooks and classroom training modules available, free of charge, is given below.
The development of training modules is ongoing, and we welcome ideas or views on additional cross-industry training needs. If you have training content that could be shared within the industry, or would like to be engaged in the development of future modules, please contact email@example.com
In this section
eLearning (duration 35 to 90 minutes):
- Introduction to Waste
- Introduction to Low Level Radioactive Waste
- Introduction to Non-radioactive Waste (due May 2017)
- Characterisation Overview
- Waste Loading Plan Awareness
Self-directed learning workbooks (duration 90 minutes to 3 hours)
- Completing the Waste Characterisation Form (WCH) (Issue 3)
- Completing the Waste Enquiry Form (WEN) (Issue 3)
- Completing the Waste Consignment Information (WCI) Form Diversion Services (Issue 3)
- Completing the WCI Form LLW Disposal (Issue 3)
- Completing the WCI Form Supercompaction (Issue 3 – due May 2017)
- Waste Loading Plan Training (2.5 days)
- Characterisation Overview (2.5 hours) – available to enable customers to deliver training to their own staff.
eLearning modules and learning workbooks are available free of charge via the Nuclear Training Network. Once registered at http://www.nucleartrainingnetwork.com/, insert ‘NWP’ in the search box and all NWP modules will appear.
Or click here for: Additional instructions
Please contact the National Programme directly regarding classroom modules.
For all enquiries or to sign up to be notified as new modules become available, please contact the National Programme: firstname.lastname@example.org