The National Waste Programme, in consultation with stakeholders, is developing a framework of training modules to support the growth of LLW management skills and knowledge. A list of the e-learning and classroom training modules currently available, free of charge, is accessible below.
The development of training modules is ongoing, and we welcome ideas or views on additional cross-industry training needs. If you have training content that could be adapted to share within the industry, or would like to be engaged in the development of future modules, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
e-learning (duration 35 to 90 minutes):
- Introduction to Waste
- Introduction to Low Level Radioactive Waste
- Waste Loading Plan Awareness
- Completing the Waste Characterisation Form (WCH)
- Completing the Waste Enquiry Form (WEN) (Issue 2)
- Completing the Waste Consignment Information Form (WCI) – Diversion (Issue 2)
- Completing the Waste Consignment Information Form (WCI) – Disposal &/or supercompaction (Issue 2)
- Waste Loading Plan Training (2.5 days)
- Characterisation Overview (2.5 hours) – available to enable customers to deliver training to their own staff.
e-learning modules are available free of charge, via the Nuclear Training Network. Access here
Please contact the National Programme directly regarding classroom modules.
For all enquiries or to sign up to be notified as new modules become available, please contact the National Programme: email@example.com